Wednesday, April 8, 2009

THE DREAM

I know, I know, where have I been? I've been waiting, just like you. Waiting for my mouth to completely heal up, waiting to put on a few lbs., and waiting for the results of my pet-scan. Well, today, the doc called me to let me know that the scan showed me to be clear of cancer. Hallelujah!!!! Needless to say, it made my day. Although it was not really a surprise that I was clear, it was just necessary to hear it from the doc. My mouth and throat took a turn for the worse about 2 weeks ago. I guess it's not unusual for that to happen. Until all the chemo and radiation are clear from my system, things can revert, but I'm still able to eat, and eat a lot I might add, but still not gaining weight. They told me that is normal also, but to watch out, because in a couple of weeks I may have to cut back on my intake when my system starts to normalize. That's OK with me, because it's really a lot of work to eat the way I've had to. I'm going to keep this part short, however, I'd like to share the dream I had a week ago. God Bless you all and thank you for your continued prayers.



Old Jer




THE DREAM April 2, 2009

On Mon. afternoon March 31st I received a call from Jeff Cate, inquiring if his home group could meet at our house at 6pm on Wed. April 1st and pray for me regarding the scan I will be having on Mon. April 6th. I had shared that with Jeff at church on Sunday, and considering the fact that he had recently had a scan that showed him cancer free, I appreciated his desire to bless me with prayer from his newly formed men’s group.
One by one, the men filed into our living room. There were seven men and Gaven, Jeff’s oldest son. We had a sweet time of fellowship before I shared exactly what was going on with me and about the upcoming scan. It was a very comfortable time since I considered each man there a friend.
I sat in our comfy little Hawaiian rocker and they gathered around me, laid hands on me, anointed me with oil and began to pray. There were many requests made unto the Lord. The Holy Spirit was asked to show up and He did not disappoint. One of the requests that I specifically remembered was one of the men asked the Lord to give me a vision, a dream about the scan. We ended about 7pm and they headed out to their small group meeting and Kat and I headed out to ours.
We arrived back home a little after 10:30pm. Our group ran a little longer than usual. Of course, I went straight to bed.
Now understand, I am not one who has spiritual type dreams or visions, in fact the only vision I’ve ever had was regarding a stoppage in our sewer pipe 25 years ago. The Lord showed me in a dream the exact location and what the stoppage was. I cut open the pipe and pulled out a 4 foot tree root, patched it up and never had a sewer problem again.
Well, last night was definitely different. I do dream quite frequently, however, they usually are either nonsensical or just kind of crazy, like where did that come from? I was sitting in a seat outside of a type of arena. It had a wooden floor and was about the size of a hockey rink. Sprinkled on the floor was a substance like the mixture of sand and sawdust and people were seated around the arena. My seat was at one end and there was a man sitting next to me explaining what was going on. I never saw his face. Suddenly at the opposite end of the arena there appeared a machine, very similar to a zamboni, except there was a small plow mounted on the front. There were flames, about one foot high shooting up in front of the machine, and the driver would plow the sandy material and extinguish the flames as he worked his way to the end of the arena. The man seated next to me explained that this represented a cancer scan and if all the flames are extinguished when the machine reaches the end of the arena that person would be cancer free. This run was for someone else, but I didn’t know who. The machine got to the end of the arena, where a goal might be, and all the flames were gone and there was an announcement over the PA system, CANCER FREE! And everyone applauded with joy. Now it was time for my scan and the machine started out again at the other end of the arena and was working it’s way toward the goal. Flames were being extinguished along the way and it was looking good. When it got to my end of the arena the machine was having trouble keeping the flames under control and just before the machine got to the goal the driver jumped off the machine and grabbed what looked like a half sheet of plywood and began to scrape the sandy material onto the flames, he was working really fast and finally the last flame was extinguished. Suddenly there was complete silence and the lights went out. I didn’t know what to think, then a very authoritative voice, not from the PA system, said very distinctly, “THERE IS NO CANCER IN THIS MAN.” I immediately woke up and I knew God had answered that prayer.

3 comments:

  1. Glory to our God!!!!!!
    There is no cancer in this man INDEED!
    Alleluia.... such rejoicing going on in our household *for* you and *with* you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear what the Lord had confirmed in your prophetic dream, two sweet words, "cancer free." What a blessing! Love to you and your girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is sooo awesome! We are praising God for your life Jerry. We will continue to lift you up in our prayers for the rest of the recovery. Amazing Dream. We have such a personal God who loves us so much.He loves you Jerry! so do we!
    joe and lindsay

    ReplyDelete